These cookies Jødekager are very common in Danish bakeries and homes. As a child our family always served these cookies at big family parties. These are an old fashion cookie with great flavor. It is almost impossible to just eat one cookie. Below is the cookie recipe with a yummy cookie topping. First step is make the cookie.
- lemon zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 tsp of ground ginger
- 1 whipped egg
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- two teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- chopped almonds
- bowl wooden spoon
- pastry blender
- measuring cup and spoons
- rolling pin
- baking sheet
- parchment paper (optional)
- wooden spoon
- food processor (optional)
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for 2 hours or leave it in the freezer for approx. 1 hour.
- Place the cookies on a buttered and floured baking sheet.
- Beat an egg to make an egg wash.
- Remove immediately from baking sheets. Transfer the cookies to wire racks for cooling.
View comments on this recipe on YouTube too!
Our channel has videos including
- how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
- how to make Swedish Glogg for Christmas & cold evenings! (glögg or mulled wine recipe)
- how to make aeblskiver (æbleskiver)
- how to make Danish Christmas Klejner
- how to make easy Danish cucumber salad (arguksalat)
- how to make Danish sugar browned potatoes (brunede kartofler)
- how to make Danish red cabbage (rødkaal)