Brændende Kærlighed (in English Burning Love) is an Old traditional Danish Dish. Perfect to have during Valentine's Day!
- ½ lb of peeled potatoes
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 white onion, sliced
- chopped chives or parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 lb thick bacon sliced into small pieces
- a cup of milk or cream
- optional: pickled beets and a tossed salad
- Peel the potatoes. Bring the potatoes to the boil in a little water. Let the potatoes cook for about 20-25 min or till soft - without salt.
- Fry bacon in a frying pan and remove it from the pan when it is crisp.
- Fry the sliced onion in the bacon fat until it is crispy and brown.
- Next drain the potatoes after they are cooked. Then mash the potatoes and gradually whip in butter and milk. Whisk until the mashed potatoes is light and airy. Season the mashed potatoes with salt and pepper.
- When you are ready to serve the dish, put the mashed potatoes into the center of the plate. Dip your spoon into the center of the mashed potatoes and make hole in the center. This will look similar to a volcano shape.
- Next mix the crispy bacon and onion together. Then place the bacon onion mix into the center of the mashed potatoes.
- Finally, sprinkle with chopped chives or parsley.
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let's get cooking Scandinavian foods!