- 6 oz Marzipan
- 3 oz sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup flour
- 3 1/2 oz butter
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp ice cold water
- 5 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- Break up butter into flour and add powdered sugar, egg yolk and to flour mixture. Mix until a smooth and press it together to form a dough ball. Place dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes to cool.
- Roll the dough out to 3 mm thickness.
- Cut out circles using a glass approximate 3 1/2 - 4 inch in size.
- Roll a small ball of marzipan and place in center of the round dough circles.
- Lift up dough circle and marzipan ball and gently squeeze edges closed using your thumbs and index fingers to form three points (like a Napoleon Hat). Place it on the buttered and floured baking sheet or a parchment paper.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet.
- Melt approx. 5 oz. dark or semi-sweet chocolate over a water bath.
- Once cookies are cooled, dip each corner and bottom of the cookies in the melted chocolate. Place it on parchment paper to let the chocolate set.
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let's get cooking Scandinavian foods!