This Shooting Star sandwich is my abbreviated version of a famous Danish sandwich. It is not only pretty to look at, but it also tastes great and is healthy. It's basically a combination of a variety of seafood toppings.
- Rye Bread (Rugbrød)
- Fried Filet of Sole (or Plaice}
- 1 piece of Smoked Salmon
- 1 tbsp Cod roe or Caviar
- Approx.6 Shrimps
- 3-4 asparagus
- 2 Lemon Wedges
- Dip the first fish in flour, egg, and breadcrumbs, fry until golden brown in butter. Once this has cooled we are ready to make the sandwich.
- Place lettuce on the buttered rye bread
- Arrange the luke warm/cold fried fish on top of the lettuce
- On top add mayonnaise
- Next place smoked salmon on end of the fried fish and shrimp on the other end of the fried fish
- In between the salmon and the shrimp place the asparagus as if it is shooting up in the air
- On top twist two slices of lemon on end of the asparagus.
- Add cod roe (or caviar) on the asparagus and in the center of the sandwich
- Add dill behind the lemon
We usually set the table with a Royal Copenhagen plate, a fork, a knife and a glass for the beer. When we have a Danish celebration, we traditionally have Danish beer and schnapps with an open-faced sandwich and say Skål frequently!
We hope you enjoyed the video on how to make this Smørrebrød and recipe! If you like the video, please be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel Scandinavian Today. Our channel has videos including
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let's get cooking Scandinavian foods!