We have had a few months of really cold and snowy winter. During the cold weekends, I make this hearty bowl of potato leek soup on a regular basis. My family loves this recipe as it is comfort food for them. The bacon and parsley gives the soup an extra touch of deliciousness. It might take a little effort to make this hearty soup but it is worth it. When this soup is done, wow!
See Karen Grete preparing Potato Leek Soup
in our YouTube videoInstruction:
- Fry the bacon.
- Peel and slice the potatoes and cook them in the chicken stock.
- Peel and slice the garlic.
- Slice the leeks and fry them in the bacon fat.
- Mash the potatoes in the chicken stock and add it to the garlic/ leeks mixture. Cook till soft and tender.
- Add the cream, salt and pepper.
- Serve the warm soup immediately. I recommend to sprinkle with bacon, chives and/or parsley.
- I usually serve the soup with either rolls or Danish rye bread too.
You can’t go wrong and the compliments will be forthcoming especially during the cold winter months. Enjoy!
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let's get cooking Scandinavian foods!