In Denmark, we eat a lot of Rye bread. I had it everyday growing up in Stege for either breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Just like Rye bread the Nordic Nut Bread (sometimes called Stone Age Bread or Paleo Bread ) is very filling compared to white bread. If you like rye bread then you will enjoy this Nordic Nut Bread for sure. Plus it healthy!
Making Nordic Nut Bread is very easy to make. What is interesting about the Nordic Nut Bread is that it does not include any flour or yeast. So you won't have to wait for the dough to rise. If you have extra seeds to set aside for baking then you can prepare some of the ingredients in advance. The preparation time is about 15 minutes.
♥ Ingredients ♥
- 3 1/2 oz (100 g) walnuts, chopped
- 3 1/2 oz (100 g) almonds, chopped
- 3 1/2 oz (100 g) flax seeds
- 3 1/2 oz (100 g) poppy seeds
- 3 1/2 oz (100 g) sunflower seeds
- 3 1/2 oz (100 g) sesame seeds
- 3 1/2 oz (100 g) pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 (1 dl) cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 eggs
- Chop the bigger nuts (almonds and walnuts) before you mix them with the rest of the nuts.
- Mix the nuts and seeds with salt, oil and 5 eggs.
- Line baking form with baking paper. Spray the form with oil or butter it.
- Place the dough into the baking form.
- Bake it at 350F for approx. 1 hour.
- Let it cool before you slice it.
Serve plain or with butter, cheese or cream cheese.
The only thing is nuts can be expensive and there are a lot of nuts to gather to make this bread! Because this bread includes a variety of seeds, you can get creative and try various other seeds that are not listed below. This is great if you are allergic to certain seeds. We were thinking peanuts or pine nuts might be fun to substitute in the future. Enjoy!
♥ We hope you enjoyed our video and recipe!
♥ Give me thumbs up if you like this video & subscribe for more videos. Thanks! Tak!
♥ Please subscribe to our Scandinavian Today Cooking YouTube Channel. https://goo.gl/LzjnVR
Our Scandinavian Today Cooking Show includes Nordic recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish
♥ You might be interested in other Nordic cooking videos including
Our Meatball Recipes https://goo.gl/MLlrR9
Our Soup Recipes https://goo.gl/o3iyeQ
Our Meat, Poultry & Fish Recipes https://goo.gl/N0bPFr
These recipes are perfect for family dinners and the holiday season.
♥ STAY CONNECTED ♥
YouTube Scandinavian Today https://goo.gl/LzjnVR