- 13 tbsp butter
- 2 cups flour
- pinch of salt
- 4 oz sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tblsp cream
- 2 lb apples (approx. 5 large)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cups almonds, chopped
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 cups whipped cream
- Combine the butter with the flour, add salt, sugar, egg and cream.
- Let the dough rest in fridge for 1 hour or more before the dough is rolled out in 1/4" thickness.
- Cut the dough into two round cakes- the size of the springform.
- The one cake is for the bottom, and the other for the lid, the rest of the dough is for the sides of the springform.
- Peel the apples and cut into thin slices.
- Layer into the cake-pan and sprinkle with sugar, raisins and chopped almonds.
- Add the"lid" and press the edges well together.
- Combine the topping, and stir until white.
- Spread the topping over the"lid" and puncture the dough with a fork.
- Bake in a 375F degree oven for approx. 1 hour.
- Serve lukewarm with cold whip cream.
We hope you enjoyed the video on how to make this recipe! If you like the video, please be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel Scandinavian Today. Our channel has videos including
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let's get cooking Scandinavian foods!