Do you celebrate Advents each Sunday in December? These cookies are our family favorite to have during Advents.
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or 16 tblsp
- 3 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine molasses, brown sugar and butter in a pot.
- Heat and cook 4 minutes then cool to lukewarm.
- Mix the flour with the rest of the ingredients and stir 1 cup of it into the pot.
- Stir in remaining flour.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface approx. 1/8 inch thick or thinner.
- Cut out with cookie cutters.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Optional place an almond in the center of each cookie.
- Bake at 375 F for about 5 minutes.
- Watch closely so they don't burn
We hope you enjoyed the video on how to make this recipe! If you like the video, please be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel Scandinavian Today. Our channel has videos including
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let's get cooking Scandinavian foods!