Delicious combination of cool, refreshing peppermint, white chocolate Kit-Kat's and a blue velvet cake. YUM!
Ingredients to Make the Frozen Kit-Kat Cake
- One 8-inch blue velvet layer cake (your favorite recipe)
- 2-1/2 cups cream cheese frosting (ready to spread or homemade)
- 11 KAT Bars (2 packs of 6 full size white KitKats)
- 2 cups of peppermint blue- white pieces
- 1 cup of chopped peppermint pieces
- Butter Knife
- Cardboard and aluminum foil to make cake board.
- Festive bow or other decorations. Ribbon long enough to tie around the cake. Your choice of color but i used the same blue as in the peppermint pieces
- Prepare your favorite blue velvet cake recipe or desired flavor
- While the cake is baking make your favorite cream cheese frosting.
- Next carefully break KIT KAT Bar in half so it is a set of 2 sticks along the natural breaking points.
- Once the cake is baked and cooled we are ready to frost the cake
- You can slice the cake in half or in thirds if desired.
- Then place the cake either on a cake board or a cake plate with enough room around the edge will be just fine.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of frosting in the center of the board and set the cake round on top of it.
- Place the frosting in the center of the cake and spread evenly out to the edges.
- Then sprinkle chopped peppermint pieces on top of the frosting.
- Repeat #8 and #9 same steps if you have additional layers of cake.
- Next use the remaining frosting to frost the sides of the cake.
- Arrange kit kats along the outside of the cake. Take sections of 2 (attached) sticks and line these up as close as you can. Press the kit kat’s against the cake. The frosting is the glue.
- Next fill the top layer of the frosted cake with peppermint pieces. The frosting is the glue. Also the Kit kats will hold the peppermint pieces too.
- An option is to tie a ribbon around outside of cake. Pull the ribbon slightly tight to keep the Kit Kat bars in place.
- Place the kit kat cake in the refrigerator until when ready to serve. You want the frosting to harden so the kit kat are on securely when you are ready to serve the cake.
- When ready to serve slice the cake at every two Kit Kat bars.
We hope you enjoyed the video on how to make this recipe! If you like the video, please be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel Scandinavian Today. Our channel has videos including
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let's get cooking Scandinavian foods!