- 4-5 Apples (according to size)
- 9 oz. flour
- 9 oz butter or margarine
- 1 pkg yeast
- 1/3 cup milk, warm
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tblsp cinnamon
- 1 oz sugar
- raisins and nuts optional
- Add yeast to the warm milk and leave it for approx. 10 min.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
- Add and mix margarine to the flour. Crumble the margarine into the flour either with your fork or hands.
- Add egg and 1 teaspoon of sugar into the yeast milk mixture. Mix the mixture with a fork.
- Pour this mixture into the bowl of flour crumble. Mix it all up and leave it in a bowl for approx. 15 min in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile peel the apples, cut them in half and remove stem and apple seeds. Fill the apple opening with the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Roll out the dough and cut it into 5"X5"squares and wrap it around the half apples. Place the apples on the baking sheet.
- Let the apples rest for 15 min. Then, brush with egg wash and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake them at approx. 425F for 20 min.
We hope you enjoyed the video on how to make this recipe! If you like the video, please be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel Scandinavian Today. Our channel has videos including
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let's get cooking Scandinavian foods!