- 1 pkg yeast
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 4 oz raisins
- 4 oz fruitcake mix
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon (orange zest is optional)
- egg wash
- 1 tbsp cinnamon and sugar mixture
- Candied cherries
- 1 cup powedered sugar mixed with 2 tbsp water
- bake at 425F for approx. 25-30 min.
- Mix flour with, salt, sugar, fruitcake mix, almonds, cardamom, lemon peal, raisins.
- Dissolve yeast in the warm milk and add a approx. 1 tsp sugar. After 10 min add the melted butter and the egg to the yeast mixture and finally pour it over the flour mixture.
- Knead the flour for several minutes and leave it covered for approx. 45 min. Punch down and cut the dough into four parts.
- Roll out each part into a long roll and braid the four rolls.
- Shape it into a wreath.
- Brush egg wash on the wreath and sprinkle it with cinnamon sugar mixture, add the cherries and leave it to raise for approx. 45-60 min.
- Bake the wreath in the oven at 425F for approx. 25-35 min or until golden brown.
- Finally add the sugar glaze.
- Serve the bread with butter.
We hope you enjoyed the video on how to make this recipe! If you like the video, please be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel Scandinavian Today. Our channel has videos including
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let's get cooking Scandinavian foods!