I love to use Icelandic yogurt for my smoothies. The Icelandic yogurt tastes so fresh and creamy. I love the consistency of the Icelandic yogurt too.
I am adding the black cherry preserves as a sweetener with this smoothie recipe too. Black cherry preserves gives a nice kick. If you prefer to use sugar or another sweetener that is fine too. But, the black cherry preserves gives a richer taste to the smoothie.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 teaspoons of black cherry preserves
- 1 cup of frozen dark cherries
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries
- 1 container of regular or vanilla Icelandic yogurt
- ice cubes(optional)
- mint leaves or lemon balm (optional garnish)
- whipped cream (optional)
- measuring cup
- 2 to 3 drinking glasses
1, Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. If the blender has room, add some ice. Blend it all
2. Pour into 2 to 3 drinking glasses, add some whipped cream and garnish with mint leaves.
Our channel has videos including
- how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
- how to make Swedish Glogg for Christmas & cold evenings! (glögg or mulled wine recipe)
- how to make aeblskiver (æbleskiver)
- how to make Danish Christmas Klejner
- how to make easy Danish cucumber salad (arguksalat)
- how to make Danish sugar browned potatoes (brunede kartofler)
- how to make Danish red cabbage (rødkaal)