Click on our YouTube video
to see how Karen Grete makes these delicious muffins.Muffin Ingredients
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 8 tablespoons or 1 stick of butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of orange rind
- 2 tablespoons of orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of sweetened coconut
- 1 cup of red currants (fresh or frozen)
- electric mixer
- 1 large bowl
- 1 wooden spoon
- muffin pan
- muffin cups
- measuring cup
- measuring spoon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs into the creamed mixture until blended
- Add flour mixture. Mix some more.
- Add orange rind, coconut and orange juice. Mix some more.
- Fold in gently the red currants with a wooden spoon.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes Place muffin cups on center rack of the preheated oven and bake until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
Orange Glaze Instructions
- 1 cup of confectionery sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoon of orange juice
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and 2 to 3 tablespoons of orange juice. Mix until smooth, then refrigerate until thickened. Drizzle over cooled muffins.
- Sprinkle with coconut over the glaze. Add one red currant in the center of the muffin.
Karen Grete & Heidi.
We hope you enjoyed our Red Currant muffin video and recipe! Please be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel Scandinavian Today. Our channel has videos including
*Red Currant Strawberry Smoothie Recipe Using Typical Scandinavian Flavors
*How to Make Rhubarb Syrup For Your Cool Summer Cocktails and Drinks.
*Black Cherry Strawberry Smoothie Recipe Using Icelandic Yogurt
*Wild Blueberry Smoothie Using Icelandic Yogurt
*Rhubarb Strawberry Smoothie! A Great Summer Drink With Typical Scandinavian Flavors
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
*how to make Swedish Glogg for Christmas & cold evenings! (glögg or mulled wine recipe)
*how to make aeblskiver (æbleskiver)
*how to make Danish Christmas Klejner
*how to make easy Danish cucumber salad (arguksalat)
*how to make Danish sugar browned potatoes (brunede kartofler)
*how to make Danish red cabbage (rødkaal)
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let's get cooking Scandinavian foods!