See Karen Grete preparing this delicious smørrebrød
on our YouTube video
Below are a few ingredients to make an absolutely delicious sandwich.
- 1 piece of rye bread
- European style butter
- 4 slices of roast beef
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of homemade remoulade sauce
- 1 dill pickle
- homemade Danish fried onions
- parsley for garnish
- When you are ready to make this smørrebrød, the first thing to do is butter a piece of dark Danish rye bread.
- Lay across the rye bread either 3 to 4 slices of roast beef.Depending on the size of the roast beef.
- Then, add a nice large spoonful of remoulade sauce on top of the roast beef. This rich mayonnaise remoulade sauce adds a delicious flavor to this sandwich.
- Next add on top of the remoulade a large spoonful of homemade Danish fried onions which gives the sandwich a perfect savory flavor.
- Add a slice of pickle fanned out.
- Finally for garnish add parsley on the side
It's that easy! This sandwich goes great with enjoy with lager beer too. We usually set the table with a Royal Copenhagen plate, a fork, a knife and a glass for the beer.
Thumbs up for open-faced sandwiches!
Be sure to send me pictures of YOUR open-faced sandwiches.
Check out some of our other postings such as
- how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
- how to make Swedish Glogg for Christmas & cold evenings! (glögg or mulled wine recipe)
- how to make aeblskiver (æbleskiver)
- how to make Danish Christmas Klejner
- how to make easy Danish cucumber salad (arguksalat)
- how to make Danish sugar browned potatoes (brunede kartofler)
- how to make Danish red cabbage (rødkaal)
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/ Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let's get cooking Scandinavian foods!