This delicious open sandwich is great for either lunch or dinner.
Please share and like our video!
- 1 slice of rye bread
- 1 large boiled potato sliced
- 1 slice smoked salmon
- 7-10 shrimp (according to size)
- cod roe
- mayonnaise mixed with chopped chives
- lemon, optional
- First butter the rye bread.
- Place the sliced potatoes in 2 rows on the buttered rye bread.
- Add a slice of rolled up smoked salmon on one side
- Place the shrimp on other side.
- Add the mayonnaise in the middle
- Add cod roe on top of mayonnaise
- For both decoration and taste add dill on top of the sandwich
It's that easy! If you like a little salt and pepper, add to taste. If need you desire to serve this as an appetizer, slice the bread into smaller pieces. This sandwich goes great with a Danish beer too
We usually set the table with a Royal Copenhagen plate, a fork, a knife and a glass for the beer. When we have a Danish celebration, we traditionally have Danish beer and schnapps with an open-faced sandwich and say Skål frequently!
We hope you enjoyed the video on how to make this Smørrebrød and recipe! If you like the video, please be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel Scandinavian Today. Our channel has videos including
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let's get cooking Scandinavian foods!