The egg helps the coffee grounds to flocculate, and it allows the coffee grounds to sink faster to the bottom of the pot. You will get a clearer coffee with a pleasant and mild taste. The coffee will not be bitter, and the coffee still have enough “body” so it doesn’t feel too thin!
- 3 tblsp. coarsely ground coffee
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- Mix the coffee with 1/4 cold water and one egg to a thick paste.
- Add the thick paste mixture to the boiling water, stir carefully and leave it to boil for 3 min. Remove the pot from stove
- Add the remaining cold water.
- Let the coffee grounds settle for about 10 minutes, skim off any floating particles and
- Filter the coffee through a fine meshed sieve and serve.
The egg coffee has a pleasant taste even when it is cold, and it also makes a very nice iced coffee!