This Finnish Pancake is so easy to make and so good! The nice thing is you don't have to spend time flipping pancakes on a pan. This is a pancake cooked in the oven and does not require too many ingredients. A perfect dish to make in the oven during the cold winters too. These delicious pancakes tastes like a combination of a pancake and custard.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- Optional: 1 tsp. vanilla and/or 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 400. Place the butter in a 9×13 and put into the oven to melt and become slightly bubbly.
- Whisk together the 4 eggs.
- Add the flour, milk, salt, and sugar. Blend together until batter is thin.
- Pull the pan out of the oven with the melted and slightly bubbly butter.
- Pour the batter on top of the melted butter.
- Cook for approx. 40 minutes. When it is done, it will be golden brown around the edges and bubble up over the sides.
- Serve the pancake with fresh fruit on top, whipped cream, syrup, or jam.
We hope you enjoyed the video on how to make this recipe! If you like the video, please be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel Scandinavian Today. Our channel has videos including
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let's get cooking Scandinavian foods!