· 1 cups all purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· 8 tbsp or 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, room temperature
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 2 large eggs
· 1 tsp almond extract (or vanilla extract)
· 4-5 large plums (according to size), pitted, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
· juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
· 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon mixed with 1/2 cup sugar
· serve with whipped cream or vanilla yogurt
· measuring cup
· Baking Pan 10" X 8"
· large mixing bowl
· hand mixer or electric mixer
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter cake pan.
2. Whisk ingredients in small bowl to blend. Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until fluffy.
3. Beat in 3/4 cup sugar. Add eggs 1 at a time. Beat in flour mixture and almond extract.
4. Spread batter in prepared pan.
5. Press plum wedges halfway into batter, spacing slightly apart.
6. Pour lemon juice on plumbs.
7. Mix remaining sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; sprinkle over plums.
8. Bake until cake is browned on top (approx. 40-45 min)
9. Insert a tester into center comes out clean.
10. Cut around cake; release pan sides.
11. Serve cake warm or at room temperature.
Serve with either coffee, tea, or milk. Enjoy!
We hope you enjoyed the video on how to make this Smørrebrød and recipe! If you like the video, please be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel Scandinavian Today. Our channel has videos including
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let's get cooking Scandinavian foods!