- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk (or cream)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (white if available)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Mix flour, sugar, spices and baking powder.
- Crumble the butter in the mixture and add the egg and milk.
- Gather the dough until smooth and divide into 2 equal portions.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Roll each portion into a long thin roll, approx.l 1/2 inch in diameter.
- Cut the roll into small pieces (about the size of a hazelnut).
- Roll into small nuts (approx. 60 pieces).
- Place the 'nuts' on buttered and floured cookie sheets
- Bake for 8-10 minute.
- The pepper nuts can be stored in the cookie jar for 1-2 weeks.
We hope you enjoyed the video on how to make the Pebernødder ! If you like the video, please be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel Scandinavian Today. Our channel has videos including
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let's get cooking Scandinavian foods!