- 1 slice of rye bread
- 4-6 slices of crisp bacon
- 1-2 slices of liverwurst
- slices of tomatoes
- 1 slice of aspic (sky)
- fresh grounded horseradish
- chopped parsley
- First butter the rye bread.
- Place the slices of crisp bacon on the buttered rye bread from corner to corner.
- Add liverwurst to 1/2 of the bread
- Place slices of tomatoes (opposite) on the other 1/2 of the bread
- Place a slice of aspic on top of the liverwurst
- Add horseradish on top of the sandwich
- For both decoration and taste add parsley on top of the sandwich as the final touch
It's that easy! If you desire to serve this as an appetizer, slice the bread into smaller pieces. This sandwich goes great with a Danish beer too
We usually set the table with a Royal Copenhagen plate, a fork, a knife and a glass for the beer. When we have a Danish celebration, we traditionally have Danish beer and schnapps with an open-faced sandwich and say Skål frequently!
We hope you enjoyed the video on how to make this Smørrebrød and recipe! If you like the video, please be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel Scandinavian Today. Our channel has videos including
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let's get cooking Scandinavian foods!