Danish Italian Salad (Italiensk Salat)
First step is to make the italiensk salat. The good news is that it is super easy to make. Check out our recent posting on how to make the delicious topping! Italian Salad Recipe
Next step is to make the sandwich!
- 1 piece of rye bread
- European style butter
- 1 table spoon of Danish Italian Salad (Italiensk Salat)
- Danish ham (not smoked)
- alfalfa sprouts or cress
When you are ready to sit down to have smørrebrød, the first thing to do is butter a pice of dark Danish rye bread. Then, place two or three slices of ham. Top off the ham with a nice spoonful of Danish Italian Salad. If you like alfalfa sprouts or cress then sprinkle it on top of the Italian Salad. It is that simple to make!
We usually set the table with a Royal Copenhagen plate, a fork, a knife and a glass for the beer.
Our channel has videos including
- how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
- how to make Swedish Glogg for Christmas & cold evenings! (glögg or mulled wine recipe)
- how to make aeblskiver (æbleskiver)
- how to make Danish Christmas Klejner
- how to make easy Danish cucumber salad (arguksalat)
- how to make Danish sugar browned potatoes (brunede kartofler)
- how to make Danish red cabbage (rødkaal)