How to Make Rødgrød Med Fløde A Danish Berry Pudding (grød) Dessert Recipe. FUN tongue twister!
This traditional Danish dessert called Rødgrød is really simple to make and delicious. If you have berries, a few other ingredients and whip cream you are ready to go!
Did you know that....
- rød means red
- grød means porridge
- 6 cups of frozen or fresh mixed berries
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 a cup of sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/4 cup of cold water
- milk or heavy cream
- medium-large pot
- wooden spoon
- measuring cup and spoons
- heatproof bowl
- The first step is to cook all the berries. Pour the water into the pot and add the fruit into the pot. Bring to boil and cook for about 5 minutes. The moment it boils put on the lid. Keep an eye until the berries are cooked.
- Once all the berries are cooked we are ready press the mixture through a sieve into a heat proof bowl. Squeeze and stir until you have strained all the berries out. You will get a beautiful red color juice.
- Pour all of the juices back into the medium size pot. Turn on the heat again. Add 1/2 a cup of sugar and stir it.
- Next combine the cornstarch with 1/4 water in a small bowl. This will be used to thicken the rødgrød
- Add and blend the corn starch mixture which will thicken it. Add a little at a time. Taste to see if it is sweet enough.
- Pour into a heatproof glass bowl to cool down. Sprinkle sugar to prevent a skin from forming. Cover and chill in the refrigerator.
- Once ready to serve ladle into bowls and garnish with either milk or cream. Sprinkle chopped almonds on top. If desired, sprinkle sugar.
This refreshing & delicious dessert is served cool. Perfect homemade dessert to serve to your friends and family during the summer! Enjoy!