- 1 1/2 cup of milk
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 package of dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 beaten egg for brushing
- poppy seeds
- Heat up only 1/4 cup of milk. You don't want the milk to get too hot. The temperature should get to about 100-110 degrees F.
- Then sprinkle in the yeast. Mix it up in the pot.
- Add a teaspoon sugar into the warm milk, and stir the mixture. Be careful that this does not get too hot. You will notice that the milk will bubble a little too.
- Turn off the stove.
- Next add 2 tablespoons of butter into the milk mixture so the butter will melt. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes the yeast will be bubbly in the milk.
- Next pour the milk mixture into your mixing bowl.
- Then pour in the rest of the milk into the mixing bowl. Add flour and salt slowly into the mixer. Add small amounts of the flour until you have added all of the flour. Mix for about 10 minutes.
- (The mixing and kneading process can certainly be done by hand, make sure to knead the dough for 10 minutes as well, if you choose to do it by hand).
We hope you enjoyed the video on how to make this Smørrebrød and recipe! If you like the video, please be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel Scandinavian Today. Our channel has videos including
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
*how to make Swedish Glogg for Christmas & cold evenings! (glögg or mulled wine recipe)
*how to make aeblskiver (æbleskiver)
*how to make Danish Christmas Klejner
*how to make easy Danish cucumber salad (arguksalat)
*how to make Danish sugar browned potatoes (brunede kartofler)
*how to make Danish red cabbage (rødkaal)
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let's get cooking Scandinavian foods!