Below are a few ingredients to make an absolutely delicious white fish sandwich.
- 1 slice of rye bread
- butter (European-style butter is easier to spread)
- 1 raw egg yolk held inside 1/2 an egg shell
- 2 large pieces of smoked white fish (smoked herring or mackerel are great options too)
- chopped green onions or chives
- fresh sliced radishes
- salt and pepper
- 1 wedge of lemon (optional)
- Before adding a topping, spread butter onto a slice of rye bread. This protects the bread from moisture.
- Generously lay across the bread 2 large pieces of smoked white fish. You want to cover the bread with the smoked white fish (depending on size).
Next, carefully tip an half egg shell onto an angle so that the white begins to separate itself. Remove as much of the white as you can while keeping the yolk intact in the shell. Place the egg shell with the yolk ontop of the center of the whitefish so that it settles just enough to stay upright.
- While holding the eggshell add on each side of the eggshell chopped green onions. The green onions will provide support to hold the eggshell.
- Add sliced radishes on each side of the green onions and on the whitefish
- Season to taste with black pepper and salt
- Garnish with a wedge of lemon.
It's that easy! This sandwich goes great with a Danish beer too. We usually set the table with a Royal Copenhagen plate, a fork, a knife and a glass for the beer.
If you like the video, please be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel Scandinavian Today. Our channel has videos including
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
These recipes are perfect for the holiday season. Please let us know what you think!
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let's get cooking Scandinavian foods!