The open sandwich recipe below is a tall sandwich because of the layers of colorful toppings. To give the sandwich a little extra color and a yummy twist we garnished with some fresh radishes too
Below are a few ingredients to make an absolutely delicious anchovy sandwich.
- 1 piece of rye bread
- European style butter
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- chopped chives
- 6 pieces of anchovies
- 4-6 slices of cold potatoes (depending on the size)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of caviar
- fresh radish as garnish
- chopped parsley or dill for taste & decoration
- When you are ready to make this smørrebrød, the first thing to do is butter a piece of dark Danish rye bread.
- Lay across the rye bread either 4-6 slices of cold potatoes.
- Then, mix in a small bowl a nice large spoonful of sour cream with chopped chives.This topping goes great with the anchovies.
- Next add on top of the potatoes a large spoonful of the sour cream chive topping.
- Lay 5 or 6 pieces of anchovies across the sour cream.
- Sprinkle capers across the center of the sandwich
- Finally for garnish add parsley and fresh radishes on the side.
If you like the video, please be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel Scandinavian Today. Our channel has videos including
*how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
*how to make Swedish Glogg for Christmas & cold evenings! (glögg or mulled wine recipe)
*how to make aeblskiver (æbleskiver)
*how to make Danish Christmas Klejner
*how to make easy Danish cucumber salad (arguksalat)
*how to make Danish sugar browned potatoes (brunede kartofler)
*how to make Danish red cabbage (rødkaal)
These recipes are perfect for the holiday season. Please let us know what you think!
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let's get cooking Scandinavian foods!