Below are a few ingredients to make an absolutely delicious sandwich.
- 1 piece of rye bread
- European style butter
- 2 slices of roast pork
- 3 or 4 pieces of pork crisp/ crackling
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of red cabbage
- 3 or 4 dill pickle
- 3 or 4 prunes
- When you are ready to make this smørrebrød, the first thing to do is butter a piece of dark Danish rye bread.
- Lay across the rye bread either 2 slices of pork roast. Depending on the size of the pork roast.
- Then, add a nice large spoonful of red cabbage on top of the pork roast. This adds a delicious flavor to this sandwich.
- Add 3 or 4 slice of pickle fanned out on side.
- Finally add 3 or 4 prunes on the side
- Lay over the red cabbage 3 or 4 slices of pork crisp/ crackling
It's that easy! This sandwich goes great with enjoy with lager beer too. We usually set the table with a Royal Copenhagen plate, a fork, a knife and a glass for the beer.
Thumbs up for open-faced sandwiches!
Be sure to send me pictures of YOUR open-faced sandwiches.
Check out some of our other postings such as
- how to make Danish Christmas rice pudding with cherry sauce dessert recipe (Risalamande med kirsebærsauce)
- how to make Swedish Glogg for Christmas & cold evenings! (glögg or mulled wine recipe)
- how to make aeblskiver (æbleskiver)
- how to make Danish Christmas Klejner
- how to make easy Danish cucumber salad (arguksalat)
- how to make Danish sugar browned potatoes (brunede kartofler)
- how to make Danish red cabbage (rødkaal)
Our Scandinavian recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish are on http://scandinavtoday.blogspot.com/
Follow us either on Twitter @scandinavtoday, Blogger, Google+, Google Pages, Pinterest and Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel Scandinavian Today! Let's get cooking Scandinavian foods!