This drink is very refreshing to drink. Lingonberries are a classic Scandinavian fruit. The lingonberry syrup gives the drink a pretty pink color too.
- 1 teaspoon lime juice or 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 32 ounces (4 cups) sparkling lime soda
- ¼ cup lingonberry syrup
- slices of lemon wedges
- ½ a cup of a Swedish vodka (or your favorite vodka)
- cup of ice cubes
- a saucer or bowl with salt or sugar.
- a fresh lemon, lime wedge or mint
Rimming the Glass:
This optional but super easy to do and will really make your drink presentation sparkle to your guests. Rimming a glass bowl can add an extra decorative touch and an additional flavor to your cocktail.
- Wet the outside rim of the glass bowl with a fresh lemon or lime wedge.
- Turn the glass upside down. Hold the glass parallel to the table.
- Dab the rim into either salt or sugar while slowly turning the glass so that only the outer edge is covered.
- Shake off any excess salt or sugar over a sink or wastebasket.
- Fill the glass with your mixed cocktail and garnish.
Tip: You can prepare rimming the glass bowl in advance and have the rimmed glass in the refrigerator. That way the sugar will harden on the rim of the glass.
- In large glass bowl add sparkling water, lingonberry syrup, lemon wedges and ice.
- If desired, add your favorite vodka.
- Add ice cubes.
- Garnish, if desired, with a thin slice of lemon, lime or mint, and enjoy.